Yowza! It’s been quite a year. Shelby’s sister-in-law got me a makeup bag for christmas. On it’s pink and white exterior it aptly reads “I AM VERY BUSY.” in black lettering. It couldn’t be truer and may have been one of my favorite christmas gifts this year. Yes. I am very busy. But throughout all the busyness, I’ve learned that in order to strive for your dreams, one must work hard and sacrifice until you get there. Am I right? Nothing is ever simply handed to you. Not without a price at least. After putting all these photos together of our gorgeous wedding clients from this year, I couldn’t help but get a little emotional. It’s as if I miss every wedding just a little bit. I miss seeing the brides faces when they see their grooms for the first time. The tears shed during beautiful speeches given by best friends and of course, the kiss! If you didn’t know girls, I’m definitely tearing up behind my camera MOST of the day. So… there’s that. In fact, I’m tearing up now! YEESH! I feel so grateful and incredibly honored to stand beside you, cry with you, pray with you, laugh and serve you, even touch up your makeup on your wedding day! But most of all I’m grateful to photograph you. Preserving your day just the way you remember it and surprising you with the moments you didn’t see or didn’t know were happening. That is the gift I have to give and I’m so very fortunate to have had so many wonderful people trust me with that responsibility. This year has been such a springboard and as we leap into 2015 I want to share with you and the universe some of the things I’m most proud of.
1. We met our goal of 20 weddings and exceeded it.
2. We successfully priced ourselves in the appropriate price range for our services in 2014.
3. I started shooting film negative and digital negative work otherwise known as “Hybrid shooting”.
4. We were published in many reputable blogs such as Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes, Maggie Sottero, Grey Likes, etc… and received the editors choice award from Two Bright Lights for 2014.
5. We published our own magazine! The “Sposto Photography Studio Guide”
6. We launched a new brand and a new website. www.spostophotography.com
7. We photographed a full feature destination wedding.
8. I attended my first workshop.
9. We put out a full page color print ad in The Knot Magazine.
10. We conducted our first “Styled Shoot” and had it featured on an online publication.
11. We’ve booked 22 weddings for 2015 as of December 2014 with a goal of 30+
12. I’ve partnered with some AMAZING vendors who we refer and who refer us. (Inquire within***)
13. MOST IMPROTANTLY ***Delivered all wedding photos to all our 2014 clients by christmas day and can relax till mid January!!
I feel like my list can go on and on and if you’re still reading this I’m again, so grateful for the ability to share my joy and growth with you. Thank you for your love and support dear reader. I’m inspired by you. Thank you for helping me make my dreams come true!
Okay! Now, I’m drying my eyes and taking a mini vacation with Shelby until January 10th! We love love love you and will be back in full force sooner than you know!
In love and gratitude,